So, you want to volunteer for the John Deere Classic? We'd love to have you help out at our 2019 event!
Volunteer Registration opens on April 16th, 2019. There will be a link on this page that will allow you to access the site if you are a new volunteer OR if you are a returning volunteer, you will receive an email around 9 AM on April 16th from the system inviting you to register for 2019. To sign up to receive text messages pertinent to volunteering at the John Deere Classic, please text JDCVOLUNTEER to 84483. Texts include weather delay info, parking changes and other volunteer information.
In addition to feeling good about donating your time and efforts to one of the Quad City's biggest events of the year, volunteers also receive a number of perks!
- FREE admission into the tournament all week
- A FREE round of golf at TPC Deere Run ($30 cart fee - not transferable)
- FREE lunch each day you work at the tournament
- FREE Parking and Shuttle service
- Invitation for you and guest to attend the Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Volunteers eligible for prizes drawn randomly all week of tournament - including a 2018 signed Tee Marker!
If you have a large group interested in helping out at the tournament, please reach out to Micaela at the Tournament Office (309.762.4653).
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Tournament Office (309.762.4653) or you can reach out to your Committee Chairperson.
Learn about each committee that you could potentially work for. Each committee requires that volunteers work at least 2 or 3 shifts (depending on the committee). Please contact the John Deere Classic office with any questions regarding volunteering. We look forward to having you join us at the John Deere Classic!
Uniform Distribution will be held June 18th and 19th at John Deere World Headquarters (Display Floor).
The times are as follows:
Tuesday, June 18th - 4 PM - 8 PM
Wednesday, June 19th - 10 AM - 8 PM
Uniform Distribution Process
- When you get to the Deere & Company World Headquarters, enter the display floor entrance and check in with the Volunteer Credentials folks. You'll be asked to verify your contact information. If you did not complete your registration online, you will be asked to finalize it prior to picking up your uniform package.
- Proceed toward the auditorium and if your committee has a table with a committee representative, stop there for additional instructions. Be sure to stop at your committee's table to pick up your tournament entry badge, assignments and any additional information. If your committee is not represented, just proceed to the auditorium.
- After meeting your committee staff, continue on to the auditorium and proceed upstairs to purchase your uniform and other items.
2019 Shirt & Hat Prices/Sizes
- Volunteer Shirt: $25 each
- Ball Cap: $10 each
- Floppy Hat: $15 each
- Straw Hat: $15 each
- Visor: $10 each
Ladies Size Chart (TBD)
Mens Size Chart (TBD)
2019 Floppy Hat: There are 2 sizes (Medium & Large)
2019 Ball Cap, Straw Hat & Visor: One size fits all
Ladies Sizes - S, M, L, XL, 2XL
Gentlemen's Sizes - S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL
2019 Uniform Details
- Every volunteer must purchase their own Official John Deere Classic Volunteer shirt(s).
- You will need to provide your own khaki colored shorts, skorts or pants.
- Cargo Pants or Cargo Shorts are not allowed on the TPC Deere Run course.
- Only the new John Deere Classic logo may be worn on any article of clothing.
- If you wear golf shoes, they MUST have soft spikes.
- Volunteers are required to wear their volunteer shirt and display their volunteer badge on any day they are working.
- On days volunteers are not working but wish to enter the grounds they are required to display their badge.
Volunteer Parking will be located near the #2 Green at TPC Deere Run where Coaltown Road meets River Road in East Moline. Please click here for a map.
ACT II Transportation Coach Buses will take you directly to the new Bus Stop located on TPC Deere Run’s main driveway near the John Deere Equipment display area, just east of the 9th Green. This Bus Stop will also be the location where you will board a bus at the end of your work day to return to the Volunteer Parking Lot. For your safety, when exiting the Bus Stop or approaching the Bus Stop, please stay off the TPC Deere Run Main Driveway, and follow the gates in or out of the Bus Stop area. The 9/10 Crosswalk will be the safest location for you to cross the main driveway. NEW IN 2019: All volunteers will be required to go through a metal detection station upon arriving at the Bus Stop near the 9th fairway.
Some volunteers may choose to walk in at the security checkpoint near the #2 Green. No patrons will be admitted at this security checkpoint, only volunteers. If you park anywhere else you will be responsible for any parking fees and you be dropped off at the main gate.
Please click the link below to see the shuttle schedule for volunteers. Drop off & Return Point is the new Bus Stop located on the TPC Deere Run main driveway near the John Deere Equipment Display.
Please mark your calendars to join us for the 2019 Volunteer Appreciation Party on July 1st!
Monday, July 1
Rhythm City Casino
6 - 9 PM
- Free food for registered volunteer and a guest
- Free beer, wine and soft drinks
- Volunteer awards presented by Expression Jewelers