Charity Spotlight: NormaLeah Ovarian Cancer Initiative
Birdies #: 1944
Location: World Headquarters located in Rock Island, IL
Mission: Our mission is to enrich lives through early detection education, patient support services and research funding for ovarian cancer -- the silent killer of women.
Impact of charity on the community:Established in 2008, NormaLeah’s programs have empowered more than 500,000 women worldwide. These life-saving initiatives are reducing the incidence and mortality rates of the deadliest gynecologic cancer.
- BEAT the BIG O -- reaching women where they work and play about the subtle symptoms of ovarian cancer
- sisterSTRONG -- providing patient resource, referral and supportive care services
- RULE OUT! Early Detection & Risk Reduction -- collaborating with the medical community for better health outcomes
- Sisterly Advice -- educating women about ovarian cancer and its genetic link to other cancers
- girlpARTs project -- partnering with artists for a community-wide cancer awareness campaign during September & October