Bird #: 883
Location: Davenport, IA
Mission: The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.
November is Prematurity Awareness Month and the perfect time to learn more about what the March of Dimes does to support families of premature babies.
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. By working to radically improve the healthcare they receive, pioneering research to find solutions to the toughest problems and empowering families with the knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies, March of Dimes builds on an 80-year legacy of impact and innovation to support every mom and every baby.
March of Dimes:
- supports moms through every stage of the pregnancy journey, even when everything doesn’t go according to plan.
- educates medical professionals to make sure that moms and babies get the best possible care.
- unites local communities across the nation through programs and events. We fought for local families in all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico to ensure all babies are born healthy.
- partners with organizations and companies committed to helping moms and their families.
- funds scientific research at our Prematurity Research Centers to improve the health of moms and babies.