Charity Spotlight: Illowa Council, Boy Scouts of America
Birdies #: 32
Location: Davenport, IA
Mission: The Mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Impact of charity on the community:
Serves 6,500 youth 13 counties in Western Illinois and Eastern Iowa
Programs include the following:Cub Scouts
- Traditional Scouting Program for Boys and Girls in grades K-5
- Cub Scout Packs are made up of single-grade, single-gender groups called Dens
- Popular Cub Activities: Pinewood Derby, Family Camping, Nature Hikes, and Day-Camp.
- Traditional Scouting Program for Boys and Girls ages 10-17.
- Troops are single-gender groups made up of Patrols
- Popular activities: Camping, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Community Service, Merit Badges, and Summer Camp
- High Adventure Program for Young Men and Women ages 13-20.
- Venture Crews are co-educational groups that are youth-lead and focus on the group's favorite activities or hobbies
- Popular Activities: SCUBA Diving, Sailing, Backpacking, Traveling, Amateur Radio
- Workforce Development Program for youth ages 11-20.
- Exploring Clubs and Posts offer youth the opportunity to discover careers through hands-on learning.