Birdies #: 1844
Location: Rock Island, IL
Mission: Friends of Trinity's mission is to support UnityPoint Health - Trinity and the community through fundraising and service.
Impact of charity on the community:
- Friends of Trinity (FOT) works to make an impact for patients, visitors, and staff at UnityPoint Health–Trinity through their Caring Community Projects.
- In 2019, FOT funded more than $249,000 in grants impacting equipment, supplies, and education.
- 20,000+ patients were visited last year by a Caring Canine team, which is an animal-assisted therapy program allowing therapy dogs to visit patients and family members to reduce stress and facilitate healing.
- More than $20,000 in scholarships were awarded to students pursuing healthcare careers.
- The Caring Closet has new clothing for patients who need something to wear when discharged. In 2018, more than 3,950 items of clothing were distributed.
- Friends of Trinity sponsors the hospital gift and floral shops, which were named the “Best Florist” in the 2016 QC Times’ Readers’ Choice Awards.