Birdies #: 227
Location: Davenport, IA
Mission: A community that provides empowerment for a more purposeful life after brain injury.
Impact of charity on the community:
Empower House provides:
- A day program for adults following a brain injury
- A place where survivors find value and purpose
- Services to brain injury survivors age 18 and older
- A work-ordered day for members to learn work and life skills.
- Business hours parallel to the business hours of the working community.
- Supported and independent employment programs, providing local businesses with scheduled and reliable employees.
- Families and caregivers time to rejoin the workforce or volunteer within the community while providing a safe environment for the survivor.
- Support services to help with employment and budgeting.
- Resources for advocacy, legal issues, and other needs based on individual circumstances.