Bird #: 753
Location: Rock Island, IL
Mission: Alleman Catholic High School develops a faith-filled community by exemplifying gospel values through Catholic education.
In 2020, Alleman's focus was to raise funds to help update classroom technology and student educational resources due to all the changes COVID-19 has caused. The education system has been upended and forced to find new ways to educate students, while maintaining social distancing protocols and CDC guidelines/state mandates.
Due to COVID, Alleman is restructuring their school procedures to meet the health and safety standards set forth from the State of Illinois and the Peoria Diocese. In the case of hybrid learning or eLearning, our staff and students need the technology and support to continue learning at high levels. The Birdies for Charity Bonus Funds will go to help support that need in 2020 and moving into 2021.
"While the staff and faculty at Alleman were disappointed to hear of the cancelled event in 2020, we were thrilled that JDC was able to continue their generosity to all of the charities that benefit from Birdies for Charity! We rely on this as one of our largest fundraisers so we are grateful for the support during these unprecedented times," said Kelly McLaughlin, Assistant Principal.
Learn more about Alleman High School:
- A college preparatory high school
- Alleman graduates enroll at notable colleges and universities across the country -University of Notre Dame -Washington University -Georgetown University -Marquette University
- The Alleman Class of 2018 earned a combined total of $5.4 million in scholarship award money
- 3.39 average GPA of Alleman students
- 19 honors courses and 7 college credit classes available
- With 19 varsity sports and 20 clubs and activities offered, everyone fits in at Alleman!