Birdies For Charity: May Update
Dear participating Birdies for Charity organizations,
We wanted to check-in with all of you regarding the 2020 Birdies for Charity program. As you recall, we sent out an update last month notifying you of the necessary changes for this year due to COVID-19. Since then, we have seen many of the charities be very creative with how they are soliciting pledges! We continue to be committed to helping you have a successful charity year with all BFC business being handled remotely and online to keep all charities, volunteers and staff safe.
Here are a few updates and reminders related to the necessary changes for 2020.
- Pledge forms will not be available to pick-up this year. Participating charities may print forms from the pledge form PDF found on our website. (link to that page). Please remember to send in payments collected with pledges.
- Charities are encouraged to remind donors of the option to make an online donation. You can even create your own unique URL to direct donors to your organization on our charity list! Use this URL: https://birdiesforcharity.com/donate?charity= and just add your Bird # after the equal sign!
- For example, https://birdiesforcharity.com/donate?charity=1041, will send donors directly to our website to make a donation to the Birdies for Charity Bonus Fund.
- For the safety of our participants, volunteers, and staff the JDC office is closed to the general public and all business will be done remotely. Thank you to our thousands of volunteers and charities for keeping us all safe.
- We are encouraged to see so many charities get started in their BFC efforts by printing their own forms and promoting online donations through their social media channels and website. We strongly recommend participating charities to get started if they have not done so already, as the program will follow the exact same timeline as last year. Pledge deadline is July 10, but we need charities to send in pledges and payments ASAP as our staff is working remotely to stay on our normal timeline.
We appreciate your understanding and support as we make the changes necessary to have safe and successful year!
*In the event of any disruption to JDC tournament play, penny/birdie pledges will be adjusted to flat donation of $20 per one cent pledge. Contest, prizes, and JDC benefits may also be adjusted at the discretion of tournament officials.